The following range of flashings have proven to be universally popular and suitable for most applications. Minor local variations may exist from that shown. Dimensions are nominal and may vary with changes in material.
Profiled Foam Strip - Ecofoam
Ecofoam is a polyethylene closed cell foam produced by Tetral Industries Ltd (Christchurch) for use in providing long life seals against water, draughts and pests, and is commonly used between the underside of flashings and roof or wall sheet profiles.
- High tensile and tear strength.
- Resistant to most chemicals and biologically and physically inert.
- Resists embrittlement due to UV exposure.
- Profiled to fit under all the Dimond roofing profiles.
- 20mm wide with dovetailed interlocking ends.
Ecofoam is suitable for use with any metal roofing or cladding materials and with translucent sheeting. The carbon black contained in Ecofoam is less than 0.065% by weight and it is therefore suitable for use with Zincalume, Colorsteel and ColorCote products. Block foam – 30 x 30mm polyethylene closed cell foam. Usually ordered in for specific jobs. Allow a 14 working day lead time, for date of order to supply.
Dektite Flashings are a range of EPDM or silicone polymer flashings distributed in NZ by DLM, and manufactured by Deks Industries Pty Ltd (Australia). The range delivers a wide choice of specifically designed innovative products to prevent the ingress of water and dust at service pipes, flues and ducts that penetrate roofs or walls. Dektite EPDM and silicone is compatible with Zincalume, galvanised steel, aluminium, copper, lead, asbestos cement, and even timber. Self seals at the top of the cone.
Dektite sizes are available to accommodate pipe/flue diameters from 1.0mm to 610mm.
Dektite has a wide range of configurations and sizes to suit virtually any penetration or flashing requirement.
- Dektite Standard Pipe Flashing, suits flue diameters up to 450mm on Corrugate 20º roof pitch
- Dektite Retrofit Flashing, suits flues up to 250mm diameter for 15º roof pitch
- Dektite Soaker Flashing, suits flues up to 610mm diameter for 25º roof pitch
- Dektite Retrofit Soaker Flashing, suits flues 250 to 410mm diameter
- Mini Dektite Flashing, suits smaller diameter from wiring to hot water overflow pipes
- Dektite Tile Flashing, suits pipe sizes up to 320mm diameter
- Dektite Strip & Bullnose Flashing, 225mm wide flat strip.
- Quick installation using only mechanical fasteners and sealant.
- Flexible base adapts easily to roofing shape.
- Flexible seal to pipe/flue accommodates vibration and isolates noise.
- Durable polymer material withstands UV exposure and heat.
- EPDM withstands temperatures from -30ºC to 115ºC constant and up to 150ºC intermittently.
- Silicone withstands temperatures from -60ºC to 200ºC constant and up to 250ºC intermittently.
No maintenance is required. In an environment that contains either chemical fumes or salt water, periodic wash down and soapy water is good practice.
Deks Industries warrants that all Dektite flashings will perform in accordance with their published specifications, and will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a maximum period of 20 years, commencing from the date of delivery to the end user.