|Environment Type||Top Side||Underside|
|Up to and including Very Severe Marine and Industrial (Marine salt, acid*, alkali* or solvent*) from both outside and in||Gel coat||Polyester film|
* The specific chemical nature of the environment must be discussed with Dimond to ensure the correct resin type is chosen.
Duraclad is available in a range of colours. Please contact 0800 DIMOND.
Standard material thickness is 1.7mm (nominal). Duraclad is available in thicker sheets if required.
Duraclad Webglass is available in 2.2mm thick (nominal) where a trafficable sheet is required.
Fireguard options are also available.
Features and Benefits
- Non corrosive substrate and surface protection provides excellent durability in harsh environments.
- Available in continuous lengths limited only by transport, handling and installation considerations.
- Proven durability in buildings with uses like wool scouring, fertiliser storage, exposure to severe marine or geothermal activity, galvanising and battery acid plants, swimming pool covers.
- Suitable for service temperatures of –10ºC to 50ºC.
- Available in the following Dimond range of roofing and wall cladding profiles: Corrugate, VeedekTM / Styleline, V-Rib, LT7, BB900, SS900, Super Six.
Limitations of Use
Duraclad will support combustion and require fire engineering input if intended for use where fire ratings are required. Where fire group numbers for spread of flame on the internal surface are required in, accordance with New Zealand building code, Duraclad Fireguard (FG) products can be used.
Not intended to support foot traffic other than carefully placed foot point loads on purlin lines during installation. Fastener corrosion may require fastener replacement before Duraclad requires replacing. Will require the installation of Safety Mesh under the sheeting when used as roofing on spans that exceed the scope of the load span data given in section 2.1.4 for each profile. Safety mesh should be used whenever foot traffic is expected. Whenever mesh is used under Duraclad, a separation layer such as TESA self adhesive EPDM foam, ref. 61102, must be placed between the mesh and the Duraclad to protect the sheet underside.
Keep surfaces clean by regular washing.
Inspect fasteners, and replace before corrosion becomes advanced.
Aesthetic value can be restored by over painting the surface with a suitable coating system once the original surface has:
- become well weathered
- lost the top surface.
Do not use abrasive cleaners on Duraclad.
Handling and Storage
Care must be taken not to damage the surface films. Material should be stored so it will remain dry and not suffer damage.
The correct fastener size for the sheet profile should be used (refer section 2.1.4 of the Roofing & Cladding Systems Guide). The Duraclad sheet must be pre-drilled with an oversize hole 2mm larger than the diameter of the fixing. When thermal expansion must be allowed for a larger pre-drilled hole diameter will be required. Refer Section 126.96.36.199. The choice of fastener material must take into account the durability expected in the particular environment. Severe internal environments may require that the screw shank is protected from contact with corrosive materials.